ORGANIZATION PRODUCTS: A REFLECTION OF YOUR STYLE. PLUS A MINTWOOD HOME GIVEAWAY!
I am a firm believer that organization and design go hand in hand, which is why we always are mindful of our client’s aesthetic when making organizing product recommendations and creating long-lasting organization solutions. By keeping in mind the palette and feel of the home’s existing interior and furnishings, the organizational design that is put into place can make a home not only beautiful, but truly functional. Have you ever walked into a room in your home where you knew that it just didn’t feel right? I am not sure if you have ever been conscious of why that might be, but creating organizational systems that also fit in with the design of your house overall can contribute to your feeling when you are in the space. Don’t you feel different when you are in a room and everything in there just seems to fit together and flow not only in the design of the space but how it functions?
I also believe that organization doesn’t mean creating rigid systems that control your life, or purchasing plastic bins to contain everything in an orderly fashion. Organization should tie into the way that you currently live your life, and the products that aid the organization should be a reflection of your style.
Just as you take care of your favorite piece of clothing or shoes to keep them in good shape, we think that keeping up with organization falls into the same thought process. If it’s easy to put something away because you know exactly where it goes (and fits), it’s a lot easier to keep up with. And, if you love the products that you’ve invested in there is a good chance you’ll be more inclined to keep up with the system.
It should come as no surprise to hear that we have an ever-growing list of products and retailers that we turn to during our product selections. We are always conscious of our clients budget and style, so it’s important for us to know what’s out there so that we can find the best fit for our clients.
And because we know how integral great design can be in the organizing process, we’re hosting a giveaway with one of our favorite online retailers, Mintwood Home!
Mintwood Home is an online marketplace for home decor, among many other amazing items. The Mintwood Home team has carefully curated products that are not only beautiful, but super functional. We love that they offer unique alternatives to classic pieces so that you can make functional pieces feel a bit more you.
Enter the giveaway below for your chance to win a selection of home design pieces (that are great for organizing!) from Mintwood Home, and--in case you need a little push in the right direction to get organized--we’re also giving away an online consultation with Rachel and Company!
One lucky winner will receive:
- A selection of four Mintwood Home’s home pieces (great for organizing): Hexagonal White and Gold Tray, Glass and Brass Jewelry Box, List Notepad, and Hashtag Bookends. (retail value of $200)
- An online consultation with one of DC’s top professional organizers, Rachel and Company: a 30-minute phone consultation to discuss an organizing challenge for one area of your home, followed by a detailed plan and recommended product list. (retail value of $250)
- Enter to win using the form above
- Want to increase your changes? Follow both Rachel and Company (@rachelandcomp) and Mintwood Home (@mintwoodhome) on Instagram
- On Instagram, use the comment section below to tag a friend who loves organizing and home design just as much as you do (each friend tagged is an additional entry!)
Winner will be announced on January 26 (contest closes 1/25/17 at 11:59 EST).